Author(s):Victoria Ellis, Sarah Lawrey
Available from:August 2019
This series brings a fresh approach to ICT for students from 7 to 14 years old, mapped to the Cambridge ICT Starters syllabus for examination from 2019. On Track builds on the skills learnt throughout the series and introduces them to web design, video and animation. They’ll plan a computer network for school and create a game where players look after a virtual pet. Each activity is clearly introduced, with step-by-step guidance to help learners master new skills. Key words and visual examples support students’ understanding, while tip boxes provide helpful suggestions. Download source files for activities from our website.
- Clear learning objectives at the start of every module demonstrate specific syllabus skills and whether they correspond to a Pass or Merit grade.
- A ‘Before you start’ section links back to prerequisite knowledge, ensuring students are prepared and ready to tackle the module.
- A strong emphasis on e-safety throughout the series encourages students to stay safe on the internet.
- Fun activities – including creating images, exploring multimedia and programming – provide a steady step-by-step approach.
- A practical activity at the end of each module provides task-based learning where students can consolidate all of their skills.
- Opportunities for reflection allow students to monitor their learning and consider what and how they have learnt.
- Programming for a purpose
- Website design for a purpose
- Networks for a purpose
- Video or animation for a purpose.
Inside pages available to view at:
PLEASE NOTE: All Cambridge orders will be ordered from the SA warehouse once proof of payment has been received. If stock is available in the SA warehouse, Eduwiz will receive the books within 6-8 days of order placement. If stock is not available in the SA warehouse, books will be ordered from the UK and will take between 4-6 weeks to arrive, but may be slightly longer as long as international lockdown restrictions prevail due to COVID-19.