Available from:November 2005
Join in the fun with Minimus Secundus – a mix of myths, stories, grammar support and historical background! This audio CD provides help with Latin pronunciation and contains lively readings of the Latin text to help motivate pupils.
- Progress from Minimus with new verb forms, imperfect tense, impersonal verbs and participles.
- Review material included for those wanting to start Latin with Minimus Secundus.
- Latin vocabulary and grammar work interspersed with projects on Roman and Greek culture.
- Roman Britain is bought to life as myths, stories and illustrations give children a meaningful insight into a different culture and time.
- The teacher’s resource book contains English translations of the Latin passages, photocopiable worksheets and full teaching notes to support the non-specialist teacher.
- The cassette and CD feature readings and extracts to help with pronunciation and contain lively readings of the Latin text to help motivate pupils.
- Many schools have introduced Latin to their pupils through lunch of after-school clubs. For advice on setting up a Latin club email Minimus author, Barbara Bell: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iulius: Last days at Vindolanda
- Augustus: Iulius joins the army
- September: On the move
- October: A new way of life in Eboracum
- November: News from near and far
- December: Time for celebration
- Ianuarius: New beginnings
- Februarius: Time for some Greek
- Martius: Wonderful days
- Aprilis: Comings and goings
- Maius: Timber into stone
- Iunius: All change for Pandora.
Inside pages available to view at:
PLEASE NOTE: All Cambridge orders will be ordered from the SA warehouse once proof of payment has been received. If stock is available in the SA warehouse, Eduwiz will receive the books within 6-8 days of order placement. If stock is not available in the SA warehouse, books will be ordered from the UK and will take between 4-6 weeks to arrive, but may be slightly longer as long as international lockdown restrictions prevail due to COVID-19.