Subject(s):First Language English
Author(s):Mike Gould, Eoin Higgins
Available from:June 2019
Introduce your learners to creative writing and writing for a purpose. They’ll rewrite a well-known myth and draft an application letter, helping build their extended writing skills as they progress through the units. Each unit focuses on a different text type such as dialogue, reports or instructions. Model texts in each chapter show learners good examples of each writing type and specific activities help them practise grammar typical of the genre. Learners work individually and collaboratively, developing skills such as creative thinking, planning, drafting, peer evaluation and editing.
- Making myths – Myths and legends
- Social stories – Social stories
- Autobiographical adventures – Autobiographical account
- Real-life diaries – Diary
- What’s my view? – Review
- My world in a poem – Poem about everyday life
- Building information – Informative and persuasive texts
- Summing you up – Summary
- Applying yourself – Letter of application
- Precious verse – Poem
- Reporting danger – News report
- Dramatic relationships – Ploy.
Inside pages available to view at:
PLEASE NOTE: All Cambridge orders will be ordered from the SA warehouse once proof of payment has been received. If stock is available in the SA warehouse, Eduwiz will receive the books within 6-8 days of order placement. If stock is not available in the SA warehouse, books will be ordered from the UK and will take between 4-6 weeks to arrive, but may be slightly longer as long as international lockdown restrictions prevail due to COVID-19.