Exam Board: Cambridge Assessment International Education
Level & Subject: Cambridge International AS & A Level Drama
For examination from 2021 (AS Level), 2022 (AS and A Level)
The Student’s Book is structured to build skills and knowledge in a clear sequence, and to help students to apply their skills. With in-depth coverage of the syllabus topics and a stimulating range of international play script extracts, this is the ideal resource for advanced level drama study.
• Offers a clear route through the syllabus, helping teachers to plan for the first years of teaching and find material for each Component of the course.
• Fosters a creative, experiential approach with practical activities in every unit and suggestions of how to experiment with imaginative approaches to individual tasks.
• Introduces the excitement of World Theatre: a chapter on World Theatre traditions and practitioners enables students to draw on this knowledge in their own practice throughout the course and opens avenues for further exploration.
• Helps students to acquire a vocabulary of performing arts terms with Key terms boxes throughout and a collated Glossary of key terms.
• Supports successful writing with clear modelling of the planning, structuring and writing process, and sample writing at different levels.
• Provides an exciting range of high quality, international play script extracts for students to perform individually and in groups.
• Contextualises plays for international students – Key context boxes introduce texts and their social, historical and cultural contexts, while Vocabulary boxes explain any culturally specific vocabulary or references.
• Differentiated to support all learners with Thinking more deeply sections in each chapter to stretch those who require a challenge, and a clear, accessible writing style to assist international learners.
• Written by experienced A Level drama teachers, whose expertise includes technical and production skills as well as devising, performing and writing.
• Supports teachers through the free, editable scheme of work available on www.collins.co.uk/cambridge-international-downloads.
Collins is working with Cambridge Assessment International Education towards endorsementof this title.
Look Inside pages and Sample Content available at this link:
PLEASE NOTE: All Cambridge orders will be ordered from the SA warehouse once proof of payment has been received. If stock is available in the SA warehouse, Eduwiz will receive the books within 6-8 days of order placement. If stock is not available in the SA warehouse, books will be ordered from the UK and will take between 4-6 weeks to arrive, but may be slightly longer as long as international lockdown restrictions prevail due to COVID-19.